Kabuli chana Ingrediants:
Kabuli chana - 100 gms.
Cumin powder ¼ tsp.
Coriander powder ¼ tsp.
Turmeric powder A little
Onion(grated) ¼ cup
Tomato puree ¼ cup
Ginger(thinly sliced) 1 tsp.
Garlic(minced) ½ tsp.
Coriander leaves(chopped) ¼ cup
Garam masala ¼ tsp.
Water 500 ml
Salt and chili powder to taste
Kabuli chana Garnishing:
Sliced onions,tomatoes and green chilies
Kabuli chana Preparation:
1. Soak chana overnight in 2 cups water. Add salt and pressure cook on high heat for 5 minutes. Lower the heat and continue to cook for another 7 minutes. Remove from fire and when cool, put the chana in a bowl.
2. Reheat the same pressure cooker and add cumin seeds and lightly roast it. Add coriander powder and turmeric powder and stir well.
3. Add the onion, tomatoe puree, ginger, garlic, chilie powder and the remaining water. Pressure cook for 10 minutes.
4. When cool open the cooker and again put it on fire and cook till almost dry.
5. Add the boiled chana along with the water (in which it was boiled)and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
6. Add the garam masala and half the chopped coriander leaves and cook till the gravy thickens.
7. Garnish with sliced onions, green chilies and sliced tomatoes.