Tropical Prawn (shrimp) Pulov Ingredients:
Rice rinsed 1/4 kg.
Prawns cut into pieces 150 gms.
Onions chopped & fried 3 nos.
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
Capsicum cut in strips 150 gms.
Tomatoes, chopped 1/4 kg.
Coriander, chopped 1/2 bunch
Spring onion, chopped 1 no.
Saffron soaked in water 1/2 tsp.
Pineapple slices, cubed
Spice powder (cardamom,
Clove, cinnamon, shahjeera,
Nutmeg, mace) 2 tbsps.
Ghee 2 tbsps.
Salt to taste
Tropical Prawn (shrimp) Pulov Preparation:
1. Clean, rinse the rice and fry the chopped onions and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a vessel, fry the ginger garlic paste till it changes color, then add the prawns, salt and mix well.
3. When the prawns change color remove from the pan, set aside and now add the vegetables in the same pan.
4. Fry for a while then add the rice, salt & cook till the rice is done.
5. Take a vessel, put a layer of half the cooked rice, then sprinkle some saffron water followed by a layer of cooked prawns and some spice powder.
6. Then put some chopped pineapples and fried onions, repeat these layers once more ending with fried onions as the top most layer.
7. Put some pineapple syrup all over the rice, cover and keep on dum for 15 minutes or more.
8. Remove and serve hot.