Presto Pressure Cooker Features:
Presto 4-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Cooks lighter, healthier meals, fast and easy! - Foods cook three to ten times faster than ordinary cooking methods - even faster than a microwave for many foods. Pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients. Lean cuts of beef and pork cook up tender and delicious.Luxurious stainless steel assures lasting beauty and easy cleaning. Special bimetal clad base for even heating.
General Pressure Cooking Guidelines - Presto Pressure Cooker
• Never fill your pressure cooker more than half full with foods or two thirds full of liquid. Foods have a tendency to increase in volume under pressure so it is important to never over fill your pressure cooker. Most cookers have a mark stamped on the inside that lets you know when you've put in the maximum amount.
• For extra flavor, brown or sauté foods first just like you would when cooking with conventional methods. For instance brown the meat and onions for a soup, before adding other liquids and cooking.
• Use less liquids than with conventional cooking methods. When cooking under pressure, less liquid evaporates than with conventional or stove top methods. Likewise slightly less liquid is usually required.
• Add different ingredients at different times. Since food cooks so quickly, you will want to add slower cooking ingredients first, then later, release pressure, add faster cooking ingredients, seal and cook more. For some recipes with many ingredients, you may do this "stop and go" technique several times, but it's worth it so the finished products retains texture as well as flavor.
• Be ready to adjust the stove heat. If the pressure builds too high, you will want to immediately lower the temperature so it comes down. This is a easy on a gas range or even today's new electric models. However, if you have a standard electric stove, it's helpful to have one burner set on low heat while you build pressure in the cooker on another burner over high heat. Once you reach the desired pressure, move the pot to the burner with the lower heat in order to maintain the pressure at the desired level.
• Begin counting cooking times when the pressure cooker has reached the full pressure, or PSI, called for in the recipe.
• Estimate cooking times on the low side. Because foods cook so rapidly in the pressure cooker, a few extra minutes and they can turn to mush. If in doubt, check it out - release pressure, open the pot and test for doneness. If it's undercooked, you can always cook it more. If it's overcooked, you are stuck with it.
• Increase cooking times slightly at high altitudes. You should be fine if you live at sea level to 2000 feet above sea level. After that, a good rule of thumb is to increase the cooking time by 5% for every 1000 feet higher than that 2000 foot base.
Releasing Steam - Presto Pressure Cooker
You cannot open today's pressure cookers until you completely release the pressure from the pot - a huge safety improvement over the pressure cookers of yesteryear. Depending on what you're making, you will release steam, and therefore pressure, from your pressure cooker via the natural release or quick release methods. The recipe will tell you which is the preferred method.
The Natural Release Method - This method means you remove the pressure cooker form the heat and wait for the pressure to slowly release as the temperature of the pot naturally lowers. Foods like soups or tough cuts of meat benefit from this extra cooking time, becoming more tender and flavorful.
Quick Release Method - Some pressure cookers have an automatic release method (check the instructions that came with yours). If so simply follow the instructions to release steam and pressure. If your pressure cooker does not have an automatic release method (and don't worry if it doesn't -- many do not), it's still simple to quickly release pressure. All you have to do is move the cooker from the stove to the sink and run cold water over the top side of the pressure cooker until the all the pressure is release It should take less than a minute.
Tips for Safe Pressure Cooking - Presto Pressure Cooker
• Too much pressure is created in one of three ways: the heat is too high; the pressure cooker is overfilled, the pressure regulator valve is obstructed or malfunctioning.
• Never fill your pressure cooker more than half full with foods or two thirds full of liquid. As steam builds up it needs space. Over filling your pressure cooker can result in food particles getting lodged in the valves, which can result in pressure not being released.
• While it's important not to overfill the cooker, you must use enough liquid in order to build pressure. Usually at least 2 cups for larger pressure cookers.
• Inspect the gasket or ring, making sure it is not dried out and still flexible (most manufacturers suggest replacing the gasket once a year). If the gasket is not in good shape, it will be impossible to attain a good seal and build pressure.
• Inspect the valves to make sure they are free of debris and food residue. The instructions that came with your pressure cooker can tell you more thoroughly what to look for and how to maintain the valves.
• Do not deep fry in your pressure cooker. It was not meant for this task and it can be dangerous as hot oil is highly combustible!
Cleaning and Storing Your Pressure Cooker - Presto Pressure Cooker
Take care of your pressure cooker and it will last you for a lifetime of great cooking. Here are some basic maintenance tips:
• Remove the rubber gasket or ring and wash this separately by hand.
• Never immerse the cover in water as it can clog and damage the safety valves.
• Hand wash the pot by hand with your favorite dishwashing soap.
• Do not store the pressure cooker with the lid locked in place as it can damage the rubber seal. Also if moisture is present it
can create a seal that's difficult, if not impossible, to open.
• You can conveniently store the pressure cooker pot with the lid placed upside down on top of it.
Adapting Regular Recipes for the Pressure Cooker - Presto Pressure Cooker
You can cook most anything in the pressure cooker, although to be sure, it is better suited for foods that require long cooking times, such as soups, stews, beans and grain dishes. That said, I often make crisp-cooked steamed vegetables in my pressure cooker - the secret is to only cook them for a minute or two under pressure.
There are not many changes to make when adapting recipes for the pressure cooker. Just make sure you are using enough liquid to create steam (usually a minimum of 2 cups, you can get away with a little less for foods that cook quickly like steamed vegetables).
Sear meats and aromatic vegetables like onions for better flavor before closing the pressure cooker and cooking under pressure.
Other than that, the most important thing to monitor is the cooking time.
More Pressure Cooker Brands:
Hawkins Pressure Cooker
Premier Pressure Cooker
Akshaya Pressure Cooker
Prestige Pressure Cooker
Presto Pressure Cooker
A pressure cooker is similar to a typical stovetop pot except that the lid is designed to maintain a tight seal, usually through a gasket or rubber ring.
The pressure cooker's seal does not let steam escape. The trapped steam builds up very high pressure in the pot, which heats it to a very high temperature.
Aside from speeding up cooking times, pressure cooker speed is reputed to boost nutrition, since less nutrients get burned away in short time intervals. Use of a pressure cooker also conserves energy and gas.
Pressure cookers adapt best to recipes that normally use a moist cooking method such assoups, stews, tough cuts of meats, artichokes, steamed puddings, etc. Add vegetables at the very end to avoid a mushy result.
It was the perfect gift for the passionate Indian mothers &
Important Resources regarding Pressure Cookers:
YouTube Pressure Cooker Video:
(1) Chicken Gravy ?
(2) Mutton Briyani ?
(3) Mint chicken Briyani ?
(4) Vathal Kolambhu ?
(5) Mysore Rasam?
Accessories on Pressure Cooker Brands
Accessories for Indian Pressure Cookers
For more information, write to us : email@example.com
Call us in 408-239-4800