Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Features:
· Easy to Open & Close: quarter turn is enough
· Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker capacity Available: 3, 5 ,6 & 8 liters
· New 'whistling' pressure regulator
· Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker is Shielded Safety valve
· Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker Gasket lasts longer
· Mirror polished; interior and base matt finish
· Inside fitting lid opens only when pressure falls
· Stay cool handles
· Mirror polish
· Interior and base matt finish
· The safety valve is located under the lid handle bar so that when it operates
· The steam is safely deflected downwards.
· Stay cool handles.
· 5 year guarantee.
This awesome little cooker is great for quick side dishes, apartment living, camping, motor homes, and backpacking! Made from commercially pure. Mirror polished; interior and base matt finish. Inside fitting lid opens only when pressure falls. Stay cool handles. These are thermally efficient, mirror polished Stainless steel, with matt-finished base and interior. Pressure is regulated automatically to optimum levels for speed cooking. Features a ‘goof-proof’ lid that seals from the inside like a jetliner door, ensuring greater safety. A multiple steam vent prevents overpressure
Take care of your pressure cooker and it will last you for a lifetime of great cooking. Here are some basic maintenance tips:
• Remove the rubber gasket or ring and wash this separately by hand.
• Never immerse the cover in water as it can clog and damage the safety valves.
• Hand wash the pot by hand with your favorite dishwashing soap.
• Do not store the pressure cooker with the lid locked in place as it can damage the rubber seal. Also if moisture is
present it can create a seal that's difficult, if not impossible, to open.
• You can conveniently store the pressure cooker pot with the lid placed upside down on top of it.
Adapting Regular Recipes for the Pressure Cooker - Hawkins Pressure Cooker
You can cook most anything in the pressure cooker, although to be sure, it is better suited for foods that require long cooking times, such as soups, stews, beans and grain dishes. That said, I often make crisp-cooked steamed vegetables in my pressure cooker - the secret is to only cook them for a minute or two under pressure.
There are not many changes to make when adapting recipes for the pressure cooker. Just make sure you are using enough liquid to create steam (usually a minimum of 2 cups, you can get away with a little less for foods that cook quickly like steamed vegetables).
More Pressure Cooker Brands:
Hawkins Pressure Cooker
Premier Pressure Cooker
Akshaya Pressure Cooker
Prestige Pressure Cooker
Presto Pressure Cooker
A pressure cooker is similar to a typical stovetop pot except that the lid is designed to maintain a tight seal, usually through a gasket or rubber ring.
The pressure cooker's seal does not let steam escape. The trapped steam builds up very high pressure in the pot, which heats it to a very high temperature.
Aside from speeding up cooking times, pressure cooker speed is reputed to boost nutrition, since less nutrients get burned away in short time intervals. Use of a pressure cooker also conserves energy and gas.
Pressure cookers adapt best to recipes that normally use a moist cooking method such assoups, stews, tough cuts of meats, artichokes, steamed puddings, etc. Add vegetables at the very end to avoid a mushy result.
It was the perfect gift for the passionate Indian mothers &
Important Resources regarding Pressure Cookers:
YouTube Pressure Cooker Video: